Whether you are recovering from a grave illness, death of a partner, or divorce, all necessitate remaking your life. You, alone, have the power to creatively, and uniquely design the life you want.
Here are some questions to consider as you embark on that path:
1. Am I exerting an appropriate amount of control in various aspects of my life: friends, work, leisure, religion, family, hobbies, volunteering, etc?
2. How much solitude suits me?
3. How much company nurtures my soul?
4. What lifestyle supports me best? How much time and energy am I willing to devote to attaining and maintaining that lifestyle?
5. What kind of relationship do I want with my children? What is my part in achieving that?
6. How can I set up my finances to create fiscal peace? Do I need to figure out a budget? Do I have a handle on my expenses?
7. What feeds my mind?
8. Which qualities am I looking for in a friend?
9. How good am I at setting and keeping healthy boundaries?
10. How and where do I replenish myself spiritually?
11. What tools do I need to create a healthy routine vis a vis exercise, meditation, good nutrition, and sleep?
12. What work and activities are meaningful to me?
13. Am I looking for an intimate relationship? If so, what traits and qualities am I seeking?
14. How important are sex and affection to me?
15. How much do I enjoy my own company?
16. What energizes me, and what enervates me?
17.Have I allowed myself to fully grieve?
Copyright Nicole S. Urdang