It is natural to have bouts of insomnia when going through major life changes.
Here are a few non-pharmaceutical techniques that work better the more you use them.
* Try virtual alternate nostril breathing. Unlike traditional alternate nostril breathing, you do not use your fingers to close off a nostril.
(This is from Elsie’s Yoga Nidra; see link on bottom right).
For added incentive, if you lose your place in the counting start from 27 again.
Breath in through the left nostril as you count: 27
Breath out through the right nostril counting 27
Breath in through the right nostril counting 26
Breath out from the left nostril counting 26.
Continue in this manner counting down to one.
* Spend 99 cents and download Karma Moffet’s CD: Golden Bowls of Compassion from Amazon. This is really incredible.
Far better than almost all the other singing, or crystal, bowl CDs out there, as the tones really resonate in your cells.
Be sure to use ear buds or headphones to get the full effect.
* Here’s a link to a fantastic sleep hypnosis download from Amazon that costs 99 cents.
* See the insomnia section under the chapter on herbal healers.
It’s a good idea not to combine these, with the exception of Rescue Remedy, which you may take in addition to any of the herbs.
* Focus your attention on equalizing your inhales and exhales.
* Build a sanctuary in your mind. A private space you outfit exactly as you would like it, down to the smallest detail.
Use all five senses to make sure you have included anything you might enjoy.
This may take weeks, or months, to accomplish.
Not only is it distracting from repetitive thoughts; but, it helps you visualize what you want, making your attraction to it that much stronger.
Copyright Nicole S. Urdang